The objectives of the International Congress on Mathematical Education (ICME) are:
- to show what is happening in mathematics education worldwide, in terms of research as well as teaching practices.
- to inform about the problems of mathematics education around the world
- to learn and benefit from recent advances in mathematics as a discipline.
- to exchange information on the problems of mathematics education around the world.
- to introduce exemplary cases of domestic classrooms (teaching) in mathematics education, which contributes to improvement of mathematics education around the world or vice versa.
- to improve the quality and professionalism of domestic mathematics teachers through introduction of exemplary cases in mathematics education worldwide.